After a long time of studying and developing, ZooTemplate is excited to announce that the next version of Zo2Framework, version 1.4.3 is finally released. As a strong improving step from the 1.4.2, 1.4.3 is a version of maximum enhancement and upgrade from the outside interface to the backend structure which make it the most complete ZO2 Framework version ever. Of the equal importance, a massive number of bugs from 1.4.2 have been fixed. And you would probably adore not only the clean and clear look but also the easy usage of this Joomla Framework.
Go round inside
Zo2 Framework comes from talented developers of ZooTemplate. If you ask me what is the most impressive things about Zo2 Framework 1.4.3 when I experience it, my answer would be the clean interface, the friendly backend, its easy usage and especially a wide range of attractive built in functions
Using Zo2 is easy. In the backend, there are eight tabs with their parameters. Almost all parameters are basic and you don’t need to spend much time on learning them.
Profile? Where is it now ?
That’s said, Zo2 Framework 1.4.3 still does implement a similar concept known as Profiles, however such function is separated with Layout Bulder & Template Presets (unlike in Zo2 Framework 1.4.2, Profile is placed in a tab with Layout Builder and Template Presets which confused users)
New profiles can be created in Zo2 settings by clicking on Save As button, then you could create new profiles and use them to any different theme.
But What about module postions?
We guarantee you a clean and clear layout with Zo2 Framework since it just allows users to adjust the contents displayed flexibly on both desktop and mobile devices.
Since being based on Boostrap, Layout Builder lets you set the number of columns for each individual row. Morever, it helps you create separator layout for each device screen resolution: Large, Medium, Small and Extra Small. That sounds good, right?
Now check our guide, you can understand how Zo2 layout builder work!
Do you have a color preference? Don’t worry!! We have multiple styles to choose. We work hard with Zo2 framework ver 1.4.3 to make every style perfect.
Check out Mega Menu!
One of the most requested features for our joomla templates has been the implementation of a mega menu and we are happy to say that as of previous versions, Zo2 1.4.3 will have mega menu built in.
The new Mega Menu of Zo2 1.4.3 is simply to use and has a clean interface for users to control how to make their menu truly mega. We’re definitely sure you will surprise with Megamenu’s flexible ability when arrange menu items columns, add any content/ icon to a specific menu item, include a module as a submenu item and more.
Check out the screenshot below. We think you will be impressed.
Magical Admin for custom design
The Administrator area has a number of useful options for your customization of selected profile. General settings will help you change Image or text logo, select layout type as responsive or fixed width. Also there are many more options like copyright text, beside you could enable or disable serveral options such as “go to top link.”
Changing a font in Zo2 template should be a rather simple task, on the ground that many web fonts included in Zo2 Framework 1.4.3. Let’s grab a chair and change template font and color with few clicks
What can you expect in Zo2 Framework version 1.4.3?
- Redesign Zo2 Backend focusing on UX & UI
- Zo2 1.4.3 with exciting backend layout updates
- Use Zo2 Formfield for all template
- Improve font configurations
- Improve layout builder
- Some configurations improved: Mega Menu, Logo, Fonts, Custom CSS; Off Canvas Menu with new completely style.
- Have found and removed the old configurations from backend interface
- Improve Profile selector, Compile, Clear Cache, Mega Menu type to come up with Ajax Concepts.
- Development mode updated. In this mode, it is easy for you to develop your site with LESS but it will decrease your site speed so when you finish developing, turn the option off.
- Replace the older Bootstrap library with the new 3.3.1, improve less code and clean up code for faster and easier web development.
- Improve database query performance by reducing queries to database.
- Remove Joomla 2.5 support. We stop supporting and developing templates based on Joomla 2.5 model since Jan 01, 2015. Get ready for the latest Zo2 templates supporting the newest Joomla series.
- Improve the option of responding to responsiveness or non-responsiveness on mobile devices.
- Custom js feature now available
- Some bugs are fixed by new version: “multiple language issue”, “save profile empty layout” and “W3C validator error”.
We have been preparing an in-depth document on How to upgrade Zo2 Framework 1.4.2 to version 1.4.3 and this document will be published in comming days.
- ZO2 Framework version 1.4.3 released on Dec 30, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.4.2 released on Sept 26, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.4.1 released on Sept 05, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.4.0 released on Aug 19, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.10 released on Jul 18, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.9 released on May 30, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.8 released on May 12, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.7 released on Apr 28, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.6 released on Apr 22, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.5 released on Apr 14, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.4 released on Mar 24, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.3 released on Mar 11, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.2 released on Mar 03, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.1 released on Feb 17, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.3.0 released on Jan 24, 2014
- ZO2 Framework version 1.2.1 released on Jan 08, 2014
- Zo2 Framework version 1.2.0 released on Dec 30, 2013
- Zo2 Framework version 1.0 released on Dec 10, 2013
It is our sincere hope that this new version helps you achieve the benefits you all deserve for your work and research. Remember that Zo2 Framework 1.4.3 is always free, and available at http://zootemplate.com/zo2.
This has certainly been a group effort amongst the authors, but we also owe a special thanks to all the great folks at Zootemplate.com, who helped us push out this release, including Viet Vu, Dung Tran, Khang Vu, Sen Tran.
What you should know about ZO2 Framework
- Official website: http://zootemplate.com/zo2
- Documents http://docs.zootemplate.com/category/zo2/
- Fork Zo2 on Github: https://github.com/cleversoft/zo2
- Demo Zo2 Hallo – a Blank Template: http://demo.zo2framework.org/
Download ZO2 Framework